Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

New beginnings

Here we are...it's Friday! The day most people are excited to see. The start of the weekend. Time for fun and family. I guess you could say that I am excited to see it as March is a new beginning for me in a lot of ways.

First, I started my new position at Cleary. I actually started mid-February but do to scheduling issues, things were pushed back to March. I also have a new schedule at Tanger. I previously worked only weekends (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday). Starting March 1st, my schedule has changed to Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. I FINALLY have Saturday's off!!! Yeah for me!!! Although, Miche is starting to pick back up that means my Saturday's will be comprised of Miche Bag party's (www.michebagofmichigan.com). Things were slow between December and February but I have 3 shows in the month of March. Looking forward to them!!

End of February started a new class for me at Cleary. Cleary works through semesters with classes on a trimester premise. This method offers the acceleration that Cleary is known for. You can get your degree a lot faster. Therefore, February started a new trimester of classes. I have ECO320 the remainder of this semester along with the last class (CIS242) that I need to complete for my associates. ECO320 is the 2nd class I have taken towards my bachelors degree and it is my first lecture class at Cleary. Firsts are always nerve racking. Cleary offers both online and lecture classes throughout your degree. This encourage you to get the best of both worlds. I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about the lecture class. This type of setting you see your class mates face to face, where as online you see a picture and read a short bio. The lecture classes are good, just a different experience for me. Not to mention sitting in class for 4 hours a night. At least it is only 1 night a week. I guess that is a positive. I hope to finish my bachelors program by the summer 2011. That's funny...that's the same year my oldest son will graduate high school. WOW!!!

To add to my Cleary position, Tanger, Miche Bag, and school, I have many projects going at home. We are remodeling our dinning room, kitchen and building a laundry room. On top of that, we repainted both the girls rooms. Saylor (the 8 year old) was given her own room around Thanksgiving last year. She wanted her room painted lime green with blue, purple, and pink polka dots. Soooo, I painted it lime green with blue, purple, and pink polka dots. I also made her Roman shades for her windows. That was a trick as I had never made them before. Well, you can't do for one child and not the other. So Regan (the 6 year old) wanted her room painted. However, her's was not so simple. She wanted iCarly painted on her walls. I have talents, just not that talent. We discussed it and I told her that I could not paint iCarly and she asked that I paint iCarly-the name-around the room. I am still not that talented. So I did what I do do best and researched the web. I found wall decals that go up easy and come down easy. iCarly...done! However, I am not the type of person to just let that be it. Her room was originally painted by a family friend (who is an artist). She painted castles, horses, princesses, flowers, butterflies, and both girls names all the way around the room. After 2 coats of primer, I was finally able to put the color of paint on the walls that Regan chose....bright baby blue. Long story, I split 2 walls of the room. The top half of each wall I painted purple (the color from sisters room) and the bottom the blue she picked out. The center of each of those walls I placed a 1 foot strip (through the center). In that strip I painted a white board paint on one wall and chalk board paint on the other. The 3rd wall (the wall with the window) I painted blue and placed pink and purple strips with pink and purple polka dots. It turned out REALLY cute! The finally wall, her closet wall, I went simple. I  painted it blue and put pink, purple, and chalk board black polka dots all over it!! A few other "girly" touches and now she wants to live in her room. She has already decided where she wants to place her refrigerator, stove and so on. Both rooms took a week each to complete. I am a die hard when I set my mind to something. But they each LOVE their rooms!

Well...I'm sure you have read enough from me today. I have LOTS more to talk about, but I will save it for another day! All and all, find something that helps to keep you sane and love every minute of your chaos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes they do LOVE their rooms, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job on their rooms. What little girl wouldnt want to have a room like theirs. Im happy your Miche party schedule party is picking up for you. Just a lil more to add to your Chaos. But!!!! You love keeping busy.

Post a Comment